The main goal of HTML 5 was to introduce a regular error handling process. HTML allows a chance to write malformed code and have it corrected afterwards into a valid document. There is an issue with the guidelines not being written down anywhere. At the instant the malformed document should be tested in several browsers and then corrected, otherwise they will not display correctly. HTML 5 is attempting to address the condition and codify this error handling. This specific standardization will reduce time and money spent on displaying web pages elements consistently.
The second aim was to allow browsers to serve almost as an application platform. Many elements previously handled by Expensive or Java Script were now added into code. They introduced a way of dealing with images, media content and more.
1. Figures and Captions
Presently there has always been an option to add descriptive components of text next to the image. Nevertheless, it was impossible to hook up both elements semantically, so that browsers and web readers could be familiar with connection. HTML CODE 5 solves the situation by adding two elements:
1. 1 The figure component, which allows properly identify the images to which captions are connected. Typically the factor is not restricted to images only, but can be used for any figures, such as tables or graphs; even regions of text can be designated as a physique.
1. 2 The figcaption component, which can be used to add a text caption to the factor previously designated as a physique
After these two elements have been added to HTML code, they can be personalized in style bedding.
2 . Multimedia options
Presently there are five new elements in HTML designed specifically to handle multimedia data files, which used to produce problems for website designers, a there wasn’t a clear way for including such data files.
2. 1 The audio tracks and video elements – permit to insert sound and video files as easily as images in HTML.
The two features used here should be displayed by default. The particular file should be preloaded could the user presses play button. There are plenty attributes that allow to custom-made media further, but we are not going to mention them here.
2. 2 The source aspect – aside from identification of source of video or sound document with the src characteristic, HTML5 gives an option to embed multiple related sources. This solves the situation of different browsers helping different types of audio tracks and video files as a number of different types can be embedded at once.
The type attribute allows the web browser to choose the record to try out without downloading the whole source file. This is important as although the sneaking in methods have been controlled, the actual encoding methods are still to be standardized.
2. 3 The track aspect – is a text explanation of the media content. The particular reason for that is to make it accessible for users that are not able to see or hear the content.
In this example, we specified English subtitles for a video document. More language options could be added by growing the track factor to reference additional subtitles.
You can find more attributes for the track element, but again we will not discuss them in detail here.