In this article I am going to discuss top 6 best PHP frameworks to work with.
PHP is a globally acknowledged web encoding language that has been largely adopted by the web developers. The recognition of this web programming language can be assessed with the results of the survey conducted by W3Techs wherein the findings showed that approximately 82% web servers use PHP.
This boundless popularity of PHP is neither a fluke nor came immediately. Web developers all over the world recommend using PHP because of its active properties, support for CODE & database integration, easy usability, etc. This terminology allows developers to work with its different frameworks. Let’s understand the ins and outs of top PHP frames further in this post.
PHP Frameworks: A Brief Intro
PHP frameworks prove to be a boon for the PHP developers in conditions of writing clean and reusable codes. Based on MVC architectural pattern, these frameworks assure the designers with a neat segregation of presentation and logic. It has always already been a debatable matter for the developers which PHP framework is the best. In this post, we are not going to challenge the perception developers have made about the PHP frameworks they use.
Here our company is endeavoring to enlist the very best PHP frameworks with their key specifications.
Within a short span of time, Laravel has concreted its identity as the most sought-after PHP platform utilized by the developers. Even though it is new as compared to other frames, but it is prepared with the graceful and expressive syntax to make even the daunting challenges of web development notches easier. With Laravel, it is easier than ever before for the developers to perform various web development duties including caching, sessions, redirecting, queuing, authentication, etc. Some of the featured attributes of this framework are:
- Reversible Relaxing Redirecting
- Neat & Thoroughly clean Coding
- An Advanced Tool set
- Eloquent ORM
- Unit Tests
- Built-in Support for IoC (Inversion of Control)
CodeIgniter is another PHP framework that is highly preferred by the PHP developers to a sizable extent. This open-source web framework is quite lightweight and helps designers build dynamic websites quickly. An extensive documentation and extremely flexible nature make it a fairly easy to learn micro-framework. Hence, even the novice PHP developers fall in love with CodeIgniter easily. The main features of this framework can be listed as below:
- Supply amazing control
- Easy to learn with thorough paperwork
- Standard hosting for high compatibility
- Almost zero configuration needed
- Large scale monolithic your local library
- Small Footprints
CakePHP is counted among the top open-source PHP frameworks that depend on Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural design. It requires less code and is also lightweight, thereby being preferred by the PHP developers on a sizable scale. It provides a seamless repository interaction with its exclusive CRUD feature. This highly secure framework is rampacked with various advanced features for handling of biscuits & requests, session, email, etc.
- Minimal coding and scaffolding feature
- No XML/YAML file configuration needed for repository set up
- Offers Puffern validation and authentication
- Advanced functionalities like database accessibility & translation access
- Highly secure with SQL injection prevention, CSRF Protection, etc .
Yii Framework is well-known for the optimized performance and sophisticated features. It’s remarkably popular among the developers as it hosts various uses such as rapid web development, scaffolding, role-based access control, caching, testing, authentication, etc. Yii has definitely contributed a lot to the success of PHP as a web encoding language. Ideally suited for intermediate developers, this construction is accredited under BSD. The exclusive features of this frameworks are tabulated as below:
- Highly secure with input validation, result filtration, and SQL shot
- Great caching support and works smoothly with AJAX
- Provides tremendous support for PHPUnit and Selenium-based product tests
- Accepts codes even from the 3rd parties
- Role Based Access Control facilitates inbuilt authentication support
- Clean & reusable coding based on MVC pattern
The global acceptance of Symfony as a stable PHP framework is not hidden within the web development realm. It is often employed by the PHP developers worldwide to build feature-laden websites and other web applications. Its properties like scalability and overall flexibility allow the developers to perform their skills freely. Becoming a flexible framework, it is enriched with an array of reusable PHP elements that are being used by the designers in form of Form Configuration, Validator, Templating, Protection, etc. A developer has to be skilled in PHP 5, OOP, ORM, Console, etc. to utilize this framework to the fullest. Let’s have a look at its tremendous features below:
- Flexible to the developers’ needs
- ‘Event Dispatcher’ & ‘Dependency Injector’ for no configuration issues
- Enables developers to utilize it as a micro- framework
- Allows the developers to do customizations easily
- A thorough documentation makes it a fairly easy to learn framework
- Highly extendable for better web development
- Zend Platform
Zend Framework’s USP is its simple structure and object-oriented concepts. It really is extremely employed by the PHP encoding experts for developing and managing the web apps and websites for businesses. The agile structure of Zend allows the coders to deploy the web development rapidly. The scalability and overall flexibility of this framework make it stand apart from others. Its special features are as following:
- Swift to deploy API Applications and work
- Adopts the agile design methods to build the top notch enterprise apps
- Provides incredible cloud support for servers
- Seamless automation and streamlining process
- Great front end support with drag & drop editor
- Amazing data source connectivity
Certainly, it is imperative to choose the most appropriate PHP framework for adding wings to the website development. A wrong selection can hamper the whole development improvement badly. So, after heading through this post, you can make the choice in an easier manner. It is suggested to shell out time to analyze the working and features of each framework thoroughly to enable you to call and make an informed choice in this regard.